The time has finally arrived! Dollar Tree stores nationwide are now accepting manufacturer coupons. If you are new to this store, Dollar Tree sells everything for $1.00 – deodorant, food, toys, etc. This is a huge deal for couponers! Since everything is always $1.00, you can guarantee maximum store savings with tons of FREE and CHEAP products! Please check out their coupon policy for more details and add their policy to your binders. I know I will be stocking up on deodorant and other supplies soon!
I confirmed tonight that Kroger stores in VA have changed their coupon policy. You can now use only 5 like coupons in the same transaction. They do not have any problems with doing multiple transactions. Apparently some employees were using coupons for items that they weren’t meant for. As a result, a lot of employees were fired and Kroger had to change the policy so they can avoid having another fraud issue. Not a big deal for us couponers…it just means we need to plan on doing more transactions!
CVS finally updated its coupon policy a few months ago. I have been meaning to post it, but have had some other things going on. Some of the highlights are:
- You CAN use 2 coupons on B1G1 items. This means if you have a coupon for $1.00/1 and the product is B1G1 at $2.99, you can use 2 $1.00/1 coupons which will make the two products $0.99 total!
- CVS will accept ONE manufacturer’s coupon and ONE CVS coupon.
- Percent off coupons CANNOT apply towards sale items.
- NO OVERAGES.
To view the whole set of rules, click on the link below.
OK, so Mike has been wanting to get the Hangover 2 since it came out and after watching the first Hangover that’s ALL he’s been talking about and asking for for Christmas. Well, Dad 2 gave me a 30% coupon last week, and if I did my math right, here is the scenario I am going to try later:
The Hangover 2 – $16.99
8 Glade Sprays – .99 x 8 = $7.92
4 Ziploc Bags – $4.00
Total: $28.91 + tax
– 5.00/20 CVS coupon = $23.91
– 30% off CVS coupon = $15.24
– 8.00/8 Glad coupon = $7.24
– 1.25/2 x 2 ziploc coupon = $4.24
Total: $4.24 plus tax!!!
Sometimes I may drive my husband crazy with this couponing thing, but when he can get something he wants he praises my name. Hopefully my trip will be successful later. I will post later with pics of the haul!
ALSO, a CVS Tip for Noobs.
One of the little known facts about CVS is one that you should begin to utilize. On Saturdays at 4:00 PM, all of the CVS stores reset their prices. This means that you can get the sales from the PRIOR week AS WELL AS the sales from the COMING UP week. This helps you save time, money, and gas by getting all of your deal shopping done on one day. I like to go to the iheartcvs website and plan my hauls for two weeks. Then I go in on Saturdays and get BOTH WEEK’S DEALS at the SAME TIME!!!
Couponing can take up a lot of a person’s time. That’s why remembering this tip will help you not only save money and strengthen your stockpile, but help you save time to spend time with your family and loved ones. ❤
Walmart can be extremely strict on their coupon policy when they want to be, and the cashiers typically are misinformed on how the coupon policies work. Almost every time I use multiple coupons at Walmart the cashier tries to reject them because they believe “per purchase” means “per transaction”. Walmart has finally posted an official coupon policy. Here are some highlights.
- WALMART DOES ALLOW OVERAGES!!!
- Walmart does accept internet/print at home coupons, but will NOT accept competitor coupons. They WILL however accept CATs and coupons that state an item can be sold for a certain price.
- Any transaction where 40 or more coupons are used, a coupon worth more than $20.00, or more than $50.00 worth of coupons require customer service supervisor or manager approval.
- Walmart will not accept expired coupons.
- All coupons must be legible and have “manufacturer coupon” stamped somewhere on the coupon.
See the rest of the list here:
I have found that even though CVS has a corporate coupon policy, not all of the regional stores use it. For instance, the Madison Heights, VA CVS store and the CVS on Wards Rd in Lynchburg allow overages, while the rest of those in Lynchburg and in Bedford do not. Below are a couple of highlights of CVS’s coupon policy. Please be sure to click the link below to view the entire list and print out for your couponing adventures.
- CVS will accept one manufacturer’s coupon and one CVS coupon.
- CVS does NOT allow overages.
- Management reserves the right to limit stock and quantity of items purchased. (Dad 2 has had this happen a couple of times so be prepared)
- CVS does not accept expired coupons.
- While not an official policy, CVS does accept coupons for both items on B1G1 deals.
Target surprisingly has a GREAT coupon policy! After much searching, I have found their policies as well as their printable coupon section (I know, I’m stupid…I have been trying to find it for quite some time).
Target Stores Coupon Policy
Manufacturer & Target Coupons:
• Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
• Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
• Target can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item. (NO OVERAGES)
• All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier during checkout.
• All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
• These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
• Target gladly accepts valid Internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
• Target does not accept Internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
• Guests can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET).
• Message and data rates may apply. See site for full details.
• To redeem, simply show your coupon barcode to the cashier. With one simple scan, all applicable coupons are applied.
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
• BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
• A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
• If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item. (HOT!)
• If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item. (HOT!)
• Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law or appear altered in any way.
• Target can’t accept coupons from other retailers or coupons for products not carried in stores.
• Some items may not be available at all stores.
• Target does not accept expired coupons.
TARGET ALSO NOW PRICE MATCHES!!! They also apply their coupon policy towards price matched items. Please check out the entire policies below.